Mickley Stud sits in over 380 acres of fresh fertile pasture, and using "old-school" methods we ensure that the nutrients in the soil are supplemented by the grazing of beef cattle and sheep.
With large paddocks and a tranquil setting, the horses have freedom of space to run and play, which helps to develop their bone structure and cardiovascular system whilst in a natural habitat. The gently undulating help pastures promote balance and encourage muscle development.
Running the youngsters in matched groups also enhances their temperament whilst at play.
We have 80 boxes at Mickley Stud, some in a traditional stable block, but mainly housed in barns with high apex roofs and slatted backdrops to allow maximum ventilation. These incorporate front grill sections to optimise viewing.
We also have a separate 18 stable pre-training unit, which is located just two miles away, and another satellite yard in the locality which provides us with another 15 isolation boxes.
- Excess of 380 Acres lush fertile pastures
- Over 80 Stables
- 19 Stable Pre-Training Unit
- Satellite Yard with 15 Isolation Stables (2 miles away)
- Grill stable sections for optimal viewing
- High Apex roof barns & slatted backdrops for ventilation
- 70m x 50m Sand Manege
- Ramp for Safe Loading & Transport
- Round Pen
- Indoor Covering Barn
- 6f All Weather gallop, with a gradual incline.